InfoPrint 6500 V05 and V5P Summary:
- Print speeds up to 500 lines per minute
- User friendly interface and controls
- Remote management capability
Impact printing via a line matrix printer stands as the unchallenged leader in reliability. For a tool to keep a control on costs, supply-chain and back-office applications can capitalize on this technology for the lowest cost-per-page output and the absolutely highest long-term performance dependability.
The InfoPrint 6500-V5P and 6500-V05 line matrix printers, with its state-of-the-art print engine and controller technology, allow you to confidently meet the demands of back office and/or data processing applications. With its powerful remote management capabilities, you can maximize printer utilization.
Highlights on the InfoPrint 6500 V5P:
- V5P – Pedestal design to maximize floor space
- V05 – Quiet cabinet design for office environments
- Real-time alert messaging to ensure immediate attention of printer status
- Bar code, graphics and overlay capabilities
- Intelligent ribbon system for maintaining optimum print quality
- Low total cost of printing with extreme reliability
InfoPrint 6500-V05 AND V5P Line Printer
The InfoPrint 6500 V05 AND V5P Line Printer attaches to a wide spectrum of IBM systems — from IBM mainframes and parallel servers to PCs. The InfoPrint 6500-V05 AND V5P offers:
- Print speeds up to 1,000 lines per minute
- High-function operator interface
- Ultra Capacity 50 M character ribbon
- New cabinet and pedestal designs
- Intelligent ribbon system
- Proactive printer monitoring with the IBM Printer Management Utility (PMU)
- High-performance Windows Printer Drivers
- Faster installation with the new Quick Setup Menu
- PowerPC® control unit for improved processing
- Improved product structure
- Attachment via wireless Ethernet, LAN Ethernet, ASCII, coax, or twinax interfaces
Overview – The IBM InfoPrint 6500-V05 AND V5P is a feature-rich impact printer that offer:
- Print speeds up to 1,000 lines per minute (lpm) for demanding industrial printing applications
- A newly designed high-function operator interface
- A new Ultra Capacity ribbon with a 50 million character life
- Next generation cabinet and pedestal designs for increased appeal and user friendliness
- An intelligent ribbon system designed to maintain optimum print quality
- Proactive printer monitoring with the IBM Printer Management Utility
- High-performance Windows™ Printer Drivers
- Easier installation with the new Quick Setup Menu
- A faster printer control unit for improved processing of bar codes, graphics, and overlays
- A simplified product feature structure for ease of ordering
The IBM InfoPrint 6500-V05 AND V5P is an extremely versatile, cost-effective printer. It can be attached via Ethernet, wireless Ethernet, Telnet, ASCII, coax, or twinax to such diverse hosts as the IBMiSeries™, zSeries®, and pSeries® servers, IBM PC and Netfinity® servers, IBM-compatible PCs, non-IBM systems supporting the ASCII serial or parallel interface, and LANs.
Optional features include:
- A Wireless Ethernet option that offers wireless connectivity to the LAN
- Telnet 3270e and Telnet 5250e to allow present coax SCS and twinax SCS users to migrate to a network without changing the application
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) 3.64 emulation
- An optional Pullout Paper Tray that provides a more convenient method to remove printed output from the printer
- An integrated InfoPrint 6500-V05 AND V5P Ethernet 10/100BaseT Adapter
- IBM coax and twinax attachment
- IBM Intelligent Printer Data Stream™ (IPDS™) support for coax, twinax, wireless Ethernet, or LAN Ethernet attachments
- Intelligent Graphics Processor (IGP) or Code V for graphics and bar code applications
- A Power Stacker on selected cabinet models to increase paper stacking reliability and control
Key Prerequisites – Wireless Ethernet, LAN Ethernet, coax, twinax, and ASCII attachments allow the IBM InfoPrint 6500 V05 AND V5P to be used on virtually all IBM, as well as many non-IBM, platforms.
InfoPrint 6500 family
The IBM InfoPrint 6500 family has models with maximum print speeds from 500 to 2,000 lpm, and with an array of features that can be used to customize the printer for many applications and attachments. The breadth of the InfoPrint 6500 family offers common features across the range of printer speeds.
IBM Printer Management Utility
When ordered with one of the following LAN or wireless Ethernet interfaces (#4177, #5180, #4542, #4544, or #4545), the InfoPrint 6500 natively supports the IBM Printer Management Utility (PMU). This utility provides a database from which the user can have real-time visibility to printer status and ribbon life for every InfoPrint 6500 and 6700 installed on their network.
Using the database, a remote user can quickly create master configurations, and then download them to multiple printers simultaneously. If microcode updates are required, the PMU also enables new microcode to easily be downloaded to multiple printers. If a simple configuration change is required, or for problem determination, the PMU allows the use of a virtual operator panel, thereby providing the operator with complete control over the printer.
The Print Management Utility also provides proactive printer monitoring by immediately notifying the appropriate operators when assistance is required. At the moment an alert occurs, a message indicating the type of alert is sent via e-mail to the specific operator tasked with resolving that class of alert. For example, when a “ribbon low” alert is generated by a printer, an e-mail will be sent to the person responsible for installing new ribbons on the printer.
Intelligent Ribbon System and Ultra Capacity Ribbons
The new customer-replaceable Ultra Capacity 50 M character ribbon on the IBM InfoPrint 6500-V05 AND V5P, in conjunction with the capabilities of the printer and the Printer Management Utility, delivers the following unique benefits:
- The ability for the operator to use a standard printer feature called Ribbon Minder, which allows the operator to specify a desired ribbon life end point
- Help in eliminating costly reprints and unacceptable output by taking advantage of the InfoPrint 6500’s Intelligent Ribbon System, which enables the printer to stop printing and alert the appropriate operator when a new ribbon is needed, and then automatically detect when a new ribbon is installed, and reset Ribbon Minder accordingly
- Optimization for report printing, text printing, bar code label printing, and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) printing
Operational commonality – You can operate the InfoPrint 6500 Models v5P, v05, v1P, v10, V05 and V5P, and V05 AND V5P in much the same way as the previous IBM 6400 models. These models demonstrate a commonality in areas such as loading and unloading of forms, and the availability of coax, twinax, Ethernet, Code V, IGP, IPDS, Proprinter III XL, Epson FX 1050, Printronix P-Series, and Printronix P-Series XQ Variant emulations.