Meet demands for efficiency and manageability in high-volume applications. Adapt to rapidly changing business environments with the reliable, efficient, and easily manageable IBM 6400 i10 and 6400 010. State-of-the-art print engine and controller technology help you keep up with the demands of back office and/or data processing applications. User-friendly controls help minimize user intervention. Streamlined paper handling helps you avoid paper waste.
- Print up to 1000 lines per minute, depending on the model, and deliver data processing quality at up to 750 lines per minute
- Maximize forms access and minimize required floor space with pedestal design, or run more quietly than many laser printers with the enclosed cabinet design
- Provide proactive, real-time alert messaging to help ensure operators are immediately aware of printer status.
Summary for the IBM 6400-010, IBM Line Matrix Printer, 6400-010, 1000 LPM
[6400-010] – Refurbished
IBM 6400-010, Line Matrix Printer Speed 1000 LPM
The IBM 6400 printer attaches to a wide spectrum of IBM systems — from IBM mainframes, AS/400, PowerI and PowerS and more.
- 6400-010 and P10 with a print speed of up to 1000/750/400 LPM in Draft, DP (Data Processing), and NLQ (Near Letter Quality)print modes respectively
- Can be easily managed remotely with the new IBM 6400-010 Printer Management Utility program.
- Printer throughput in lines per minute (LPM) is a factor of the selected font. Printing speed is independent of the number of characters configured in the character set. Print lines containing bold/emphasized (shadow) printing or elongated (double high) attributes will print at approximately one-half the rate shown in the tables.
The IBM 6400-050, P50, 010, P10, 015 and i2S are feature-rich impact printers designed to complement the longstanding IBM 6400 line printer offerings. These models:
- Offer print speeds up to 500, 1,000, 1,500 and 2,000 lines per minute (lpm)
- Support all features currently available on the 6400 family
- Offer a new internal Ethernet adapter not available on previous IBM 6400-050.
- Can be easily managed remotely with the new IBM 6400-010 Printer Management Utility program
These new models are extremely versatile, cost-effective printers. They offer as standard the IBM Proprinter III XL and Epson FX 1050 graphics emulations, as well as the Printronix P-Series, Printronix P-Series XQ Variant, and Printronix Serial Matrix emulations. These models can also be attached via ASCII, coax, Twinax, Token Ring, or Ethernet to such diverse hosts as IBM S/390, AS/400, RS/6000, IBM PC and Netfinity servers, IBM-compatible PCs, non-IBM systems supporting the ASCII serial/parallel interface, and LANs.
The following optional features are offered: IBM 6400-010
- IBM coax/Twinax attachment to many IBM systems
- Ethernet 10BaseT and 10Base2 Adapters
- Multi-Platform Interface (MPI) coax/Twinax attachment, enabling the 6400 to replace many non-IBM printers that are coax- or Twinax-compatible, and attached to IBM systems
- IBM Intelligent Printer Data Stream (IPDS) support for IBM coax or Twinax attachments, providing compatibility with selected IPDS-capable printers
The newer IBM 6400-050, P50, 010, P10, 015 and i2S join the 6400 family in providing reliable impact line printers. The 6400 family has models with maximum print speeds from 500 to 2,000 lpm and with an array of features which can be used to customize the printer for use in many applications, and for many attachments. The breadth of the 6400 including the 6400-010 offers common features across the range of printer speeds and allows users to select an open pedestal design when that model meets their needs. This family approach allows customers to fill all line matrix printing requirements from one product lineup.