Genicom 4490 XT Line Printer Highlights:
- For a Reliable Replacement Printer
- Genicom 4490XT Line Printer
- Great Printer — Until the Repair Parts Ran Out
- The Genicom 4490XT and the slower Genicom 4470 line printers have hung around for a long time.
Searching for Repair?
- As long as customers could find repair folks to find parts, get them repaired and back into service, some of these units continue in service even today. Those days and those numbers are quickly dwindling.
Parts and Ribbons?
- Printronix controls the OEM ribbon for this printer, and continues to raise the price for the ribbon. Also, it is much more difficult to locate reliable parts and trained repair technicians for the Genicom 4490 line these days. When a unit fails and the scavenger hunt for parts begins, the reality usually sinks in that it is time to upgrade. Customers are deciding to move to a printer that is more likely to have a brighter future than the venerable 4490 XT.
Time to Act?
- If the Genicom 4490XT reality has led you to this web page searching for help with replacement ideas, welcome! We can help you depending on your print requirements and ideas for your future with your print process and service needs.REQUEST A QUOTE ON REPLACEMENT OPTIONS
TallyGenicom 6600 line matrix printers compatible with Genicom 4490XT and 4470XT printers
Is the output on multi-part forms?
The new TallyGenicom 6800 line printer family is purpose-built to be compatible with the older Genicom printers. With the controller technology of Genicom and the industry leading print mechanism from Printronix, it is clearly the best choice for your future with line matrix printing.
Review TALLYGENICOM BY PRINTRONIX LINE PRINTERS on this site.
Is the output on single part forms or is it all labels?
MicroPlex Solid F60HD continuous forms laser printer
Is the output on single-sheet paper or labels? Is it “greenbar-width” (14 7/8″) or 12″ or less? Does it need to be the highest dots-per-inch quality in output?
You can possibly move the job to a laser printer, and stay with the pin-feed paper forms.
- Is it time to move the job to sheet-fed cutsheet laser printing?
Several options for you, depending on your current and preferred server platform. We can help you review DocPath or PlanetPress. Let’s help you move to your future in document handling.
Genicom 4490 XT Line Printer Features:
Built for Speed and Hard Work
- Fast and quiet – 1400 lpm at 52 dBa (quietized cabinet).
- Proven reliability for heavy duty cycle operation.
- Genicom 4490XT line printers
Built to Reduce Your Workload
- Fast and simple forms setup method.
- On-the-fly paper positioning.
- Forms format storage of up to 10 forms.
- “Hot port” switching for multiple hosts, multiple communications.
Built to Save You Money
- Operator-replaceable print modules.
- Maintenance-free operation.
- USPS-certified POSTNET bar code.
Built for Your Needs
- IBM -compatible models: twinax/coax SCS and IPDS.
- SmartGraphics (IGP /QMS ) models.
- Choice of appropriate cabinet.
- Popular connectivity capabilities: CENTRONICS parallel, Ethernet, Token Ring, current loop.
- Draft @ 8 lpi (64 char)
- 1400 lpm
- DP (64 char)
- 1100 lpm
- DP (96 char)
- 900 lpm
- Corr. (64 char)
- 600 lpm
- NLQ (64 char)
- 300 lpm
- NLQ (96 char)
- Paper Handling
- 3 to 16.54 in. (7.6 to 42 cm)
Print Line Length:
13.2 in. (33.5 cm)
Number of Copies:
Original plus 5;
Up to 120-lb cardstock/110 index (125 tag)
12.5 msec at 6 lpi
Paper storage in pedestal (standard)
44A509160-G02; 125M Characters
Minimum order quantity: 6
Discontinued and Replaced with:
44A509160-G03; 50M C.
Minimum order quantity: 6
Supply has been constrained in Second Half of 2015